Pages

15 December 2012

Big Bad Wolf 2012

So.. Big Bad Wolf... The Biggest and Baddest Booksale of all time. Atleast 75% discounts on ALL books and up to 95% discounts for selected books. Whoppeeee!!! I have been hearing about BBW (Big Bad Wolf) since last year but I wasn't really sure what it was all about and this year the hype about the sale was crazy. Even my friends whom I never thought would pick up books went there and spent hundreds of ringgit to buy books. The first BBW sale was held back in 2009 at Amcorp Mall and it was organized by the very sweet husband and wife who owns BookXcess. I love everything about BookXcess. They may not have a lot of titles up for sell there (since they only buy overprinted books, and that's the reason why they are able to sell their books so cheap!), but they got most of the non-fiction writers I love. Jodi Picoult especially. Oh Oh! And their kiddy books are really REALLY worth buying. RM19.90 for a kiddy book that can play sounds and music? That's a bargain!

Anyways, back to BBW, The Big Bad Wolf Sale 2012 started on 6th December till 23rd of December (i heard/hope they will prolong their sale if possible) and they opened up their sale with a crazy 63 hour straight of non-stop shopping hour. I didn't manage to go on the first weekend due to the fact that my husband's grandma was sick with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and we spent most of our weekend at his parent's house helping his family in any way possible. I heard the crowd during the first weekend was crazy and packed, and driving there will result you getting stuck in massive traffic jam even in the wee hours of the morning. Ohhkayy....

Lucky for me, they have another 60 hour shopping marathon for the second weekend and I went there at 12am and there was NO JAM! NO CROWD! And i spent more than 4 walking around the exhibition hall scouting for books, books, BOOKS, AND MORE BOOKS!!!! Imagine a big belly 27 weeks pregnant lady walking around with a roller bag full of books in her totoro poncho. (it was quite cold and i wanted to wear it. so,yeah!) I bought books for Shareese. Not baby books, not storybooks, but mostly hardcover non-fiction books like the introduction to the solar system, facts about the earth, rocks, cars, planes, trains. LOL. I know one day he will be very much into these factual books as much as me and my husband was keen and interested in it eventhough we've already turned 26 years old. XD


The reason why I didn't buy much storybooks or fiction books for little one is because he had quite a lot of hand me downs storybook from my mom and aunts. I still haven't cover most of it with him yet and he's pretty much more interested in the interactive e-book on his iPad. Simply because it's more, interactive. : /   Who doesn't love reading books that reads out loud to you with wonderful animations and beautiful songs and encouraging sound effects?

I hope he will love books as much as his parents does.
I will make sure he does. : )

These are our stash of the day for 4.5 hours at BBW 2012.

Left : Shareese's   Middle : MINE!    Right : His
Steal of the day. Thick hardcover animation
artbook of BOLT and BEE MOVIE for
just RM10!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome or what???!!!!
My favourite. The illustrated art is wonderful!



❤❤❤


I will definitely save up and go again for next year's stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik